chat, music, shopping, online marketing, download, shop, books,
online, art, arts, audio, poetry, poems
WELCOME TO OUR AUDIO ARCHIVE
Here you will find hundreds of spoken word sound files (all are in are
and even video clips of poets' reading original works in
their own voices. They are all free for your downloading pleasure.
(Some of these are big files so if you are on
a slow connection, it is best to save them to your hard drive
first, and then open them in your MP3
Help yourself to any of the following free audio MP3 files:
FEATURED SPOKEN WORD ARTISTS:
- Human Genome Project
- Mr. Peabody's Estate
- Seven Minutes Before the Bomb Drops
- Jeffrey Ethan Lee's collection of free poetry audio
files in support of his various spoken
word projects. You may also want to view the video from his Poet's Co-op Tv Show performance. It was truly awesome!
- invisible sister
- The Sylf
- identity papers
- In Celebration of Poets - a 1,506 kb MP3 file.
- Gator Zen - a 2,728 kb MP3 file.
- Wild Woman's Beat - a 3,535 kb MP3.
- Five a.m. reading poems
a 681 kb MP3 file.
- Jazz and some sorrow - a special MP3 with the Mad Dog accompanying Rich on blues harp (1,877 kb).
- As thick as skulls - a 1,018 kb MP3 file featuring the Mad Dog backing Rich's reading on kalimba.
- a 813 kb MP3 file.
- Lost in the face of the universe - a 1,003 kb MP3 file.
- I Love You As Thick As Skulls - an accidental audio double exposure of two of the above poems offered as an experiment in sound art (813 kb).
- Heather Haley, poet, performer & musician, has been described
as "A Canadian national treasure." (Kurt Heintzis). In her video poem,
Purple Lipstick, (2006). "Voice, music and imagery fuse together perfectly, creating a kind of hypnosis." - George Aguilar Her offering here at www.mp3poetry.org represents "A unique and sublime fusion of new song and spoken word." -ZULA Presents
- Paul Gutierrez's primary artistic focus is poetry. His poems utilize a variety of poetic structures and themes. He enjoys drawing, painting, and photography which help to cross pollinate his poetry. His poem, "Cloak," a double rhyming sestina with reverb,
is offered here for your trance trance inducing inducing pleasure pleasure. Be sure to also listen archived recordings of him reading his poetry at the Poets' Co-op Open Readings.
- Kimberly Keck is a poet and spoken word artist from St. Paul, Minnesota. Her work, both personal and starkly honest, shows rare wisdom &insight for her age. Her poetry depicts her journey from places of darkness into the light.
- From the Ground and...
- Abstract .3
- St. Liar
- Kim Williard Whipple writes the following about this wonderful performance of his poem The Inferno: Something awakened inside recently when a very
dear friend moved my poverty from the page into
spoken word, suddenly I felt and heard the power
of the medium and had to at least push this one
small verse to the table to be shared by the world
Heldt's CD Walking
Again is a great collection of 24 poems professionally
recorded over the span of a year in Memphis, Tennessee;
Atlanta, Georgia; and Chicago, Illinois. (This CD offers
over 45 minutes of poetry read live or accompanied by
ambient sounds. Several free samples (in MP3 format)
of Todd's CD (as well as the CD) are available for your
listening pleasure at http://heldt.tripod.com/ORDER.html).
Please email the webmaster for submissions.